- is designed to equip you to become the next generation of scientists who are eager to understand the causes of cardiovascular disease and develop novel diagnostic and therapeutic modalities;
- offers a small scale program with a maximum of 20 students providing personal attention and guidance from our researchers;
- is developed by passionate clinical and preclinical scientists who are active in the field of Cardiovascular Research;
- is unique and teaches from the perspective of translational research.
When you have finished the Cardiovascular Research MSc programme at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, you will be a young Cardiovascular scientist. The next step in your career might be a PhD position to become the next top scientist in the Cardiovascular field. Other possibilities are jobs in large pharmaceutical or biotech companies, double degrees as a medical doctor or training as a teacher. Five years after the start of the program, approximately 90% of all the students have a job within or outside academia.
Promotion alumni sessions Master’s day
During the Master’s day, you can also meet our (international) alumni during several workshops. In these sessions they will tell you more about career opportunities after finishing your Master’s degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Heart and Circulation, Basic Principles
- Cardiac Disease
- Diabetes and Vascular Diseas
- From Personalized Medicine to Advanced Imaging
- Writing a Research Proposal
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 100 other Masters in Health Sciences in Netherlands
The following rules apply for admission into the Master's programme:
- Academic Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Life Sciences or comparable from an accredited research university including at least three full years of academic study amounting to a minimum of 180 ECTS or equivalent. For a bachelor’s degree from an institute of higher education (HBO/HLO), you need 240EC (4 years of study).
- Preferably a minimum grade-point average of 7.5 (or international equivalent, e.g. a B+, or a GPA of 3.4); and a minimum grade of 8 (or international equivalent, e.g. an A, or a GPA of 4.0), for the Bachelor’s thesis. If you have lower grades, you are also welcome to apply for the program.
- A clear motivation and talent
- High level of academic and professional ability and oral and written proficiency in English at an advanced level.
- Basic knowledge of Cardiovascular Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology.
- Pass the admission test
International14236 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14236 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.