Leadership and change are a natural combination – no change management can be effective without good leadership, and only an effective leader can create positive change.
Having completed the programme, you’ll come away with the organisational, political and rhetorical skills you need to be a successful future leader. Whether you want to find a role in consultancy, work internally for a large firm, or become an entrepreneur or project manager – this is the first step.
TThe Business Administration - Leadership and Change Management MSc programme from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam will set you up as an academic professional, with knowledge of the theories of organisational change and leadership, as well as skills in implementing change and being an effective leader. In addition to courses that are unique to the Leadership & Change Management programme, you’ll also be able to take electives from the other Business Administration specialization programmes.
Entering the job market
As the specializations you can choose in our programme are diverse, so are the job opportunities that open up to you after graduating. A huge percentage of our graduates have either a job before they finish the programme or within a few months of graduating. Our graduates have gone on to a wide variety of jobs: from recruiters, consultants and change managers to business analysts and project managers. In the long term however, all our graduates our equipped with the skills to thrive in whatever profession they have chosen.
- Thesis MSc Business Administration: Leadership and Change Management
- Leading Change and Projects
- Perspectives on Organizational Change
- Change Rhetoric and Charisma
- Leadership: Advanced Perspectives
- Top Management and Political Skill
- Business Ethics in Leadership and Change Management
- Research in Business Administration - Leadership and Change Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
The next VU Online Master's Event will take place on Saturday 5 March.
DisciplinesProject Management Business Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership View 8 other Masters in Project Management in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Copy of your valid passport or ID (only for EU citizens)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Transcript of records
- A description of the courses you have taken during your previous higher education, that are relevant with respect to the ‘admission requirements (with an international degree)’. Don’t forget to mention the main literature used for the courses you took and the number of credits/class hours. Please use this format.
- Thesis (or another sample of academic writing). If your thesis was not written in English, please submit the original with an added summary of about 3 pages in English.
International16830 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16830 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.