How do you formulate and implement a business strategy that keeps you competitive in a dynamic market? What does it take to strategically engage with other organisations – including competitors, consumers and NGOs? What are the components of a strategy that not only ensures financial success, but also sustainable and socially responsible business practises?
If you're curious about the answers to these questions, then you’re the right fit for the Business Administration - Strategy and Organization MSc programme from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
You’ll learn to manage strategic and organisational challenges and develop profound skills in analytics, reflexivity and critical thinking.
You’ll gain the skills to act responsibly and with foresight in complex and dynamic environments. In short, you’ll learn what it takes to not only develop the strategies that succeed, but also how to bring them to life within complex organisations looking to you to solve their real-life challenges.
Entering the job market
As the specializations you can choose in our programme are diverse, so are the job opportunities that open up to you after graduating. A huge percentage of our graduates have either a job before they finish the programme or within a few months of graduating. Our graduates have gone on to a wide variety of jobs: from recruiters, consultants and change managers to business analysts and project managers. In the long term however, all our graduates our equipped with the skills to thrive in whatever profession they have chosen.
- Growth Strategies & Organizational Challenges
- Strategic Entrepreneurship & Organizational Renewal
- Alliances, Mergers & Networks
- Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility
- Business Ecosystems & Open Innovation
- MultiStakeholder Management
- Behavioral Strategy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
The next VU Online Master's Event will take place on Saturday 5 March.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies Strategic Management View 105 other Masters in Business Administration in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and/or in Netherlands, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The admission board wants to stress the intensity of the programme: reading scientific articles and writing papers will be a key part, all in a very high pace. Your English language skills, both oral and written, are extremely important in this programme. As you will have to communicate frequently with your fellow students and you will be working with and for international companies.
- Copy of your valid passport or ID (only for EU citizens)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Transcript of records
- A description of the courses you have taken during your previous higher education, that are relevant with respect to the ‘admission requirements (with an international degree)’.
International16830 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16830 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.