What you will study
The Statistics MSc program offered at University of Southern California is intended for individuals who are seeking or currently hold positions that involve statistical methods and practice. A student may orient the course of study toward a particular field of application through their choice of electives from other disciplines.
The object of the statistics masters program is to provide academic instruction in the theory of mathematical statistics with a rigorous foundation, while emphasizing applications to real world problems. The program is intended for individuals who are seeking or currently hold positions that involve the application of statistics and statistical methodology.
Our program and its choices of electives are complemented and enriched by a number of diverse programs both within and outside the Department of Mathematics, for instance, those focusing on statistical applications in medicine, computational biology, and finance. A student may orient his/her course of study toward a particular field of application through appropriate selections from the program listings, plus elective courses from other disciplines.
- Mathematical Statistics
- Seminar in Statistical Consulting
- Applied Probability
- Theory of Probability
- Analysis of Variance and Design
- Numerical Analysis and Computation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 357 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The statistics MS program is designed to provide students with a strong mathematical foundation in statistics, and is taught at a moderately high mathematical level.
- A course in undergraduate analysis is also desirable. In addition, applicants to our program should have at least one course in both undergraduate probability and statistics. Applicants need to have excellent test scores and grades in all required subjects; in particular, recent successful applicants have had overall GPAs of 3.8 and higher.
International42740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42740 USD per year during 12 months.
National42740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42740 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.