The Mechanical Engineering program of RIT Dubai is particularly well-suited for students who wish to study part-time, for those interested in updating their technical skills, or for those not focused on a research-oriented Master of Science thesis. A conventional thesis is not required for the program. In its place, students complete a capstone experience, which may be, a well-organized and carefully chosen industrial internship, a project with paper option, or a research methods course.
Five focus areas, specializations, are offered at RIT Dubai: Sustainability, Thermo/Fluids Engineering, Mechanics and Design, Controls and Business. In addition, tailor made study programs with focus suitable for an applicant's needs may be discussed and approved based on course availability.
All courses are delivered in the evening in order to fit part-time working student’s schedules.
Possible Career Options
Because of their comprehensive training and education, mechanical engineers are often called upon to assume management positions. They work in many different industries and businesses as product developers, researchers, prototype designers, automotive engineers, aerospace engineers, management consultants, among many others and many serve in senior leadership positions in their fields.
- Engineering Analysis
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Applied Biofluid Mechanics and Microcirculation
- Special Topics: Design of Thermal Systems
- Renewable Energy Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 9 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United Arab Emirates
- An undergraduate bachelor's degree in the same discipline or area of engineering, or an area closely related to the area they wish to study.
- Resume of work experience (curriculum vitae).
- Official, original academic transcripts in native language.
- Official, certified English translation (where necessary).
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score.
- Passport copy and Emirates ID (if in the UAE).
- Personal Statement Please write a personal statement describing your educational objectives. Your essay statement should be approximately 500 words in an essay format in a word document.
International29178 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29178 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National29178 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29178 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- National & international: 106,500 AED per full programme
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.