The University of Southern California Program of Nurse Anesthesia offers an intense academic and comprehensive clinical curriculum. Students will gain experience in a variety of clinical specialty areas including general, cardiothoracic, neurosurgical, genitourinary, gynecologic, head and neck, plastic, orthopedic, trauma, burns, transplantation, robotics, obstetric, pediatric and outpatient procedures.
Students have the most sophisticated anesthesia equipment at their disposal. Under the guidance of expert CRNA and physician faculty primarily provided by the Keck School of Medicine/Department of Anesthesiology faculty, student nurse anesthetists are responsible for the administration and management of general anesthesia, regional anesthetic techniques and modalities of invasive monitoring.
The graduate student in the discipline of nurse anesthesia will:
- Upon entrance into the Program, the graduate student should catalogue roles and responsibilities of the critical care nurse to promote transfer of knowledge for enhanced delivery of health care as an advanced practitioner.
- During the Program, the graduate students will organize a study plan to correlate the core academic and clinical curricula of the anatomic, physiologic and pharmacologic principles underlying the delivery of anesthesia care. To achieve this objective, the graduate student will integrate the scientific principles into the discipline of anesthesiology.
- Completion of the capstone project will require the graduate student to research and defend, using principles of evidence-based practice, the management of anesthetic care to underscore foundations of science, patient safety, and ethics.
- Following Program completion, the graduate student will prepare for and successfully pass the national certifying examination based upon the continued processing of information from curricular content, discussion and inquiry, and experiential learning gained during the course of study.
- Graduates of the Program will contribute to the profession of nurse anesthesia through continued education in the science and practice of anesthesia management and successful interaction in competency performance measures to advocate for quality and safety in patient care.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Physical Assessment
- Human Anatomy
- Systems and Integrative Physiology
- Pharmacology of Anesthesia Practice
- Principles of Anesthesia Practice
- Advanced Pharmacology of Anesthesia Practice
- Pathophysiology Related to Anesthesia Practice
- Clinical Residency in Nurse Anesthesia.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesNursing View 719 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Three personalized letters of recommendation (one must be from a direct nurse manager)
- Official transcripts from ALL schools attendedMail paper transcripts to the Program office (NOT the university)
- Electronic transcripts
- Official GRE transcript from ETS.
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.