We are aware at Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) that technology has always driven cultural and social transformations in the manner in which we make, perform, distribute and listen to music. Recent technological developments in areas such as artificial intelligence, brain and cognitive science, robotics, education and networking have fundamentally changed musical practices and created a need in the industry and academia for well-educated music and audio technologists able to design, develop, and creatively employ the next generation of musical software and hardware for composition, performance, recording and distribution.
This interdisciplinary degree program in Music Technology enables students to extend their skills in areas such as music, computing, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and industrial design, all within in a research-focused program that emphasizes the intersections between technical innovation and creative practice.
- Music Perception and Cognition
- Music Technology History and Repertoire
- Digital Signal Processing for Music Analysis and Synthesis
- Computer Supported Interactive Music
- Network Music
- Computer Music Composition
- Official GRE Scores
- Transcript (unofficial or official) for eligible degrees (only Physics, Computer Science, and all Engineering fields)
- Official transcripts are welcomed but are only submitted if an acceptance has been offered.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- *Official TOEFL Scores (international students only)
International32616 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1359 USD per credit during 24 months.
National32616 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1359 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State17520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 730 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.