Graduates of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education help meet the increasing need for knowledge and skills to design effective practices to serve the number of children who speak and learn in multiple languages.
What you’ll learn
University of Colorado Denver prepares highly competent professionals through high quality curriculum and hands-on projects that are relevant, empowering, applicable, student centered, challenging and focused on social justice. Our faculty members help you open the doors to your dream position in education.
They will change how you practice teaching by giving you a new understanding of the challenges and opportunities experienced by your students. You will learn to reflect on culture, how changing times and changing demographics impact teaching practices, and to identify and create the classroom resources you need. Our alumni are systems change advocates trained to support inclusion of multiple languages in classrooms.
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Foundations of Language & Culture in Education
- Language Development of Multilingual Learners: Advanced
- Teaching Multilingual Learners, Advanced
- Methods of Content Teaching for Bilingual Learners
- Assessment & Advocacy for Multilingual Learners
- Teacher Inquiry in Multilingual Classrooms
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Languages Teaching View 3196 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 3 recommendation letters
- Official Transcripts from all institutions attended
- If applying for an endorsement, a copy of your Teaching License is required
- Written Statement: Describe your interest in the program, your special strengths, and the goals you hope to achieve through your work in the program
- $50.00 application fee
- International Applicants only: Proof of English Language Proficiency (International applicants should review the following information regarding English language proficiency)
- Admissions Interview: An interview may be required as part of the admissions process. If so, applicants will be contacted with more details.
International19395 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1293 USD per credit during 24 months.
National19395 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1293 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State5655 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 377 USD per credit during 24 months.
Out of State Online tuition- $466 per credit
Living costs for Denver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.