What you will learn
Similarly, the availability of advanced computers has resulted in the development of new approaches in research where the computational techniques are used to explain and predict fundamental physical phenomena important in aerospace and mechanical engineering.
In an environment of a typical large aerospace company, usually different engineers specializing in one of the core areas (structures, fluids, heat transfer, combustion) will handle different aspects of designing a product before their inputs are combined. The students graduating from the Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering - Computational Fluid and Solid Mechanics MSc program at University of Southern California will be prepared to:
- Interact with engineers across all core disciplines because the program prepares them in both solid and fluid mechanics; this also offers greater flexibility in job placement and advancement within a company.
- Pursue higher degrees (Engineer and Ph.D.) in areas of computational mechanics and heat transfer.
The coursework in Computational Fluid and Solid Mechanics Program is designed to provide a necessary background in the core aerospace and mechanical engineering disciplines (solid mechanics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer), the engineering mathematics, and the numerical techniques employed by computational packages and practical examples of their use.
- Computational Solutions to Engineering Problems
- Applied Elasticity
- Mechanics of Solids
- Engineering Analysis
- Engineering Analytical Methods
- Dynamics of Incompressible Fluids
- Computational Fluid Mechanics
- Finite Element Analysis
- Atomistic Simulation of Materials
- Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Materials and Processes
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Physics Mechanical Engineering View 146 other Masters in Aerospace Engineering in United States
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, math or hard science from a regionally-accredited university.
- Satisfactory cumulative undergraduate GPA (grade point average)
- Satisfactory GRE test scores. All scores must be officially reported to the university directly by ETS.
- Satisfactory performance in previous coursework related to the intended major.
- All applicants must complete and submit the USC Online Application.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- GRE General Test: Satisfactory scores less than five years old.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose (Required).
International29686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2199 USD per credit during 24 months.
National29686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2199 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.