What you will study
The Computer Science - Software Engineering MSc program offered at University of Southern California requires the student to take a broad spectrum of courses, while simultaneously allowing for emphasis in desired areas of specialization.
The Computer Science - Software Engineering MSc program offered at University of Southern California focuses on providing its graduates not only software development skills, but also systems engineering, customer collaboration, and management skills necessary for non-outsourceable careers and for leadership in software engineering. It emphasizes education for the future, including such emerging trends as software-intensive systems of systems, high assurance, agile methods, COTS integration, mobile and distributed network-centric architectures, and rapid software development and evolution.
The program includes experience in real-client class projects and state-of-the-art evaluation assignments. Students are provided a deep understanding of both fundamentals and important current issues in computer science and computer engineering so that they may either obtain productive employment or pursue advanced degrees
- Software Management and Economics
- Software Engineering
- Software Architectures
- Personal Software Process (PSP) and Project
- Software Engineering for Embedded Systems
- Testing and Analysis of Software Systems
- Requirements Engineering
- Web Technologies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Software Engineering View 1108 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, math or hard science from a regionally-accredited university.
- Applicants whose background is not in computer science may consider the M.S. in Computer Science (Scientists and Engineers).
- Satisfactory cumulative undergraduate GPA (grade point average)
- Satisfactory GRE test scores. All scores must be officially reported to the university directly by ETS.
- Substantial background in computing constitutes a minimum requirement.
- All applicants must complete and submit the USC Online Application.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- GRE General Test: Satisfactory scores less than five years old
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose.
International42740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42740 USD per year during 24 months.
National42740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42740 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.