This Biomedical Engineering - Medical Imaging and Imaging Informatics MSc program at University of Southern California will prepare you for a career in any of the following:
- Medical imaging and health information industry
- Military healthcare system
- General healthcare industry including hospital enterprise, HMO, and private enterprise. The MSBME program is also suitable for you if you intend to continue in graduate school or medical school.
- Healthcare entrepreneur
- Medical school
Topics covered include PACS application servers; digital-based tele-consultation with medical images; PACS-based CAD, informatics infrastructure of micro CT, MR, and PET; image-based neurosurgical Comm and Module; PACS simulator, image security in HIPAA environment, bone age assessment from a hand digital atlas; homeland defense strategies; medical simulation and modeling; data grid for image data disaster recovery; Cyberknife information system for brain tumor treatment, DICOM-based radiotherapy information system, and much more.
- Advanced Topics in Biomedical Systems
- Signal and Systems Analysis
- Advanced Biomedical Imaging
- Integration of Medical Imaging Systems
- Medical Diagnostics, Therapeutics and Informatics Applications
- Ultrasonic Imaging
- Digital Image Processing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Informatics & Information Technology View 723 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Southern California and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, math or hard science from a regionally-accredited university.
- Satisfactory cumulative undergraduate GPA (grade point average).
- Satisfactory GRE test scores. All scores must be officially reported to the university directly by ETS.
- Satisfactory performance in previous coursework related to the intended major.
International63468 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 63468 USD per year during 24 months.
National63468 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 63468 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.