The Master of Arts degree in Visual Communication Design is recommended for students with undergraduate degrees in design or related fields who wish to advance their studio skills in print design, illustration, web design, 3-D design, motion graphics, interactive design, corporate identity, information architecture, interaction design or information graphics.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this Visual Communication Design program from the Kent State University will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic skills and knowledge of design processes, principles, vocabulary and history.
- Develop a body of creative work at a level appropriate for a graduate designer/illustrator/photographer.
- Graphic Design Perspectives
- Design Research Methods
- Typographic Structures And Systems
- Concept Development And Implementation
- Graphic Design Advanced
- M.a. Project Graphic Design And Illustration
- User Experience Design Principles And Concepts
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Deadline- At least one month before the start of the semester of first coursework.
DisciplinesDesign View 533 other Masters in Design in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission
- Undergraduate degree in design or closely related program for unconditional admission
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate major GPA on a 4.000 point scale for unconditional admission
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- Autobiographical statement (250 words)
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
International21952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21952 USD per year during 12 months.
National21952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21952 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11766 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.