The Visual Communication Design program from Kent State University is recommended for students who already hold an undergraduate degree and are looking to enter the design industry or related fields and wish to advance their studio skills in print design, illustration, web design, 3-D design, motion graphics, interactive design, corporate identity, information architecture, interaction design or information graphics.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Develop a body of creative work at a level appropriate for a graduate designer/illustrator/photographer.
- Develop aesthetic, technical, and professional skills necessary for success in design industry
- Develop skills for collaborative engagement with strategic partners, team members, and peers
- Develop deeper awareness of issues related to the cultural, technological, and economic contexts of design
- Develop enhanced comprehension of design thinking and design process
- Develop understanding of design’s use as both a tactical and strategic tool for business and social applications
- Graphic Design Perspectives
- Design Research Methods
- Typographic Structures and Systems
- Concept Development and Implementation
- Graphic Design Advanced
- M.a. Project Graphic Design and Illustration
- User Experience Design Principles and Concepts
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Digital Communication View 758 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Undergraduate degree in design or closely related program
- Minimum 2.750 undergraduate major GPA on a 4.000 point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- Autobiographical statement (250 words)
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.