The petroleum industry is one of the largest and most prominent in the United States today, and the companies involved are dependent on the services of petroleum engineers to explore, discover, and produce oil and gas to meet energy needs.
Study Petroleum Engineering - Geoscience Technologies at University of Southern California
The Petroleum Engineering - Geoscience Technologies MSc program at University of Southern California is one of the oldest in the country with considerable industry support and interaction. Its assets are numerous - the advantages of a relatively small, friendly program, combined with the University's impressive academic and research facilities; its proximity to major oil fields in California; and a quality education provided by experienced and nationally renowned faculty.
- Advanced Reservoir Characterization
- Technology of Unconventional Oil and Gas Resources Development
- Geophysics for Petroleum Engineers
- Inverse Modeling for Dynamic Data Integration
- Engineering and Economic Evaluation of Subsurface Reservoirs
- Numerical Simulation of Subsurface Flow and Transport Processes
- Testing of Wells and Aquifers
- Enhanced Oil Recovery
- Well Completion, Stimulation, and Damage
- Fluid Flow and Transport Processes in Porous Media
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Geology Environmental Sciences View 280 other Masters in Geology in United States
- An undergraduate degree in Petroleum Engineering (or other engineering, math, or hard science with assigned deficiencies) from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Satisfactory cumulative undergraduate GPA (grade point average).
- Satisfactory GRE and TOEFL test scores. All scores must be officially reported to the university directly by ETS.
- Satisfactory performance in previous coursework related to the intended major.
- All applicants must complete and submit the USC Online Application.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- GRE General Test: Satisfactory and valid test scores.
- Letters of Recommendation (3 Required)
- Statement of Purpose
- Résumé or CV
International42740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42740 USD per year during 12 months.
National42740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42740 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.