Chemical Engineering from Western Michigan University prepares students to discover, design, build, and operate industrial processes that involve changes in the chemical composition, physical nature, or energy content of materials.
Chemical engineers play a lead role in waste minimization through process improvement and treatment plant design and operation. Gasoline from oil, cereal from grain, paper from trees and pharmaceuticals by chemical synthesis—all utilize chemical engineers.
Graduates with Chemical Engineering from Western Michigan University will gain:
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- Pollution Prevention Engineering
- Chemical Process Design and Analysis
- Methods of Research and Engineering Communication
- Fuzzy Control Systems
- Chemical Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Analysis
- Finite Element Method
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Thesis Option: 30 total credit hours are required for graduation.
- Non-Thesis Option: 33 total credit hours are required for graduation.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry View 613 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- Copy of passport identification page
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended or are attending, including diplomas, examination results, mark sheets and certificates
- $100 non-refundable application fee
- Proof of sufficient funds for the first academic year of study at WMU according to estimated cost of attendance
- A resume or curriculum vitae (CV) is required;
- This program requires the General GRE.
- This program requires three recommendations.
- Please prepare a statement
International31650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1055 USD per credit during 12 months.
National31650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1055 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State21090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 703 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Kalamazoo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.