Do you want to be an elementary school teacher working with students grades preK-6? Our top-ranked program for elementary education prepares teachers to support the academic and social-emotional growth of young learners.
This Elementary Education program from University of Virginia is a post-graduate program for those who have already completed an undergraduate degree.
Curry Elementary Teachers Are:
- Children and their developmental trajectories across the elementary years
- The range of subject areas included in the elementary school day
- Evidence-based pedagogical methods in different subject areas
- Formative and summative assessment practices to monitor and support student learning
- Committed to teaching all children and working in collaboration with their families and guardians
- Reflective about their teaching and engaged in continuous professional development and instructional improvement
- Collaborative with colleagues, in service of children, schools, communities, and the profession
- Dedicated to advocating for equity and social justice in their classrooms, schools, and communities
- Classroom Management and Behavioral Assessment
- Differentiating Reading Instruction
- Mathematics in the Elementary School
- Science in the Elementary School
- Content Area Seminar - Elementary Language Arts
- Clinical Experience in Elementary Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching Primary Education View 238 other Masters in Primary Education in United States
- Possess an undergraduate degree prior to matriculation.
- Faculty review applications holistically and will consider academic record, goals, relevant experience, and letters of recommendation
- 6 credits of mathematics
- 6 credits of natural science in two different disciplines (astronomy, biology, chemistry, earth science, geology, or physics)
- 6 credits of composition/writing (includes courses in any subject area that require at least two writing assignments in English totaling 4,000 words [20 pages] or more)
- 3 credits of United State history
- 3 credits of humanities
- 3 credits of social sciences (child psychology/development recommended)
International27540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27540 USD per year during 12 months.
National27540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27540 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State17280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17280 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Charlottesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.