In the Law and Government Organization and Leadership program, you’ll spend the first semester of your third year of law school living in Washington, DC, immersed in a full-time externship with a federal agency, Congressional committee or office of a member of Congress.
You’ll attend hearings and conferences, join in strategy sessions and accompany federal government attorneys to formal and informal gatherings and meetings. You’ll research law, prepare memoranda, draft federal rules and otherwise engage in the day-to-day professional lives of your externship host. You could extern at the:
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Energy
- Department of Justice
- Department of State
- Department of the Treasury
OutcomesThe GOAL program at Creighton University prepares law students to be leaders in governmental agencies or legislative bodies at both the state and federal levels. The program offers a bridge between theory and practice and provides graduates with:
- Enhanced employment opportunities as lawyers in government service upon graduation
- A comprehensive understanding of the role of professional ethics in government settings, including a focused examination of the specific standards of ethical conduct applicable to lawyers in government service and to generic ethical principles arising from both the core values of society at large and the Jesuit tradition
- Skills to facilitate and improve strategic planning, creativity, collaboration and consensus building
- A set of core competencies to promote the capacity to assume leadership roles
- An understanding of the role of attorneys within large and diverse governmental organizations
- Administrative Law
- State and Local Governments in Federal System
- Leadership: Theories, Models, Behavior
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Law Leadership View 513 other Masters in Leadership in United States
- Bachelor’s degree with a recommended 3.0 GPA or higher. Some programs require a higher GPA and/or that you earned a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Personal statement. Specific requirements are provided in the application process.
- Letters of recommendation from persons other than friends or family members who can speak to your performance in an academic or professional setting. The number of letters required varies by program, and specific requirements are provided in the application.
International29372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29372 USD per year during 36 months.
National29372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29372 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Omaha
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.