What you will learn
The Civil Engineering - Transportation Systems MSc program offered at University of Southern California is part of the Sustainable Infrastructure Systems program which prepares students for immediate and effective participation in the modern infrastructure workforce through a common core that includes smart-system design for sustainable infrastructures, the societal and regulatory context of infrastructure engineering decisions, and construction management.
The Graduate and Professional Programs office provides services for prospective and currently enrolled Master’s, Doctoral, and non-degree earning continuing education students at the Viterbi School of Engineering and online.
The Viterbi School of Engineering is one of the oldest professional schools on the USC campus and is consistently ranked among the top graduate engineering programs by U.S. News & World Report and the Academic Ranking of World Universities. Our online computer science program is currently ranked # 1 and DEN@Viterbi is ranked a top 5 online graduate engineering program by U.S. News and World Report.
- Transportation Engineering
- Functions of the Constructor
- Sustainable Infrastructure Systems
- Transportation Planning Law
- Urban Transportation Planning and Management
- Railroad Engineering
- Port Engineering: Planning and Operations
- Institutional and Policy Issues in Transportation
- Transportation and the Environment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Transportation Engineering View 54 other Masters in Transportation Engineering in United States
- Students electing the MSCE (Transportation Systems) degree option are expected to have a background in 1) statistics and uncertainty equivalent to ISE 225 or CE 408, and 2) engineering economy equivalent to ISE 460. Admitted students who do not meet these prerequisites can satisfy the requirements by taking appropriate, advisor-approved electives.
- Satisfactory cumulative undergraduate GPA (grade point average)
- Satisfactory GRE test scores.
- Satisfactory performance in previous coursework related to the intended major.
- USC Online Application
- GRE General Test: Satisfactory and valid test scores.
- Letters of Recommendation (2 Required)
- Statement of Purpose.
International42740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42740 USD per year during 12 months.
National42740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42740 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.