As a graduate of this program you will be successful in solving construction engineering and management problems. You will also be competent in facilities management. This program provides the necessary skills and technological tools to enhance your career, and will prepare you for a variety of employment opportunities in the construction industry, including working for general contractors, real estate developers, and architectural engineering firms.The construction field spans the elements of construction technology, construction engineering, and project management, making effective construction engineering highly complex. In many cases it requires a profound awareness of the technical, economic and political environment. The Civil Engineering (Construction Engineering) graduate program at University of Southern California covers the most current theories and practices needed by the construction engineering professional. It is taught by faculty who hold particular prominence in the field and is complemented by the instructional programs of the Marshall School of Business and the Epstein Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering.
- Construction Methods and Equipment
- Building Information Modeling and Integrated Practice
- Construction Accounting and Finance
- International Construction and Engineering
- Strategic Planning in Construction Engineering)
- Introduction to Programming Systems Design
- Numerical Analysis and Computation.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 365 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
- An undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics from a regionally-accredited university.
- Satisfactory cumulative undergraduate GPA (grade point average).
- Satisfactory GRE test scores. All scores must be officially reported to the university directly by ETS.
- Satisfactory performance in previous coursework related to the intended major.
International2005 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2005 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National2005 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2005 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.