The Cinema & Media Studies MA program offered at University of Southern California is administered through the Graduate School. Candidates for the degree are subject to the general requirements of the Graduate School.
Graduates from the Cinema & Media Studies MA program offered at University of Southern California develop a sophisticated understanding of how creative expression, technology, business, politics, history and ideology are interlinked within American and international media trends. MA alumni have embarked on successful careers in the film and media industries, higher education, non-profits, curating, criticism and archiving.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Experiments in Interactivity
- Seminar in Contemporary Digital Media
- Techniques of Information Visualization
- Graduate Media Arts Research Lab
- Seminar in Film Theory
- Critical Studies Colloquium/Professional Seminar
- Seminar in Television Theory
- Survey History of the United States Sound Film
- Survey of Television History
- Survey of Interactive Media
- Case Studies in National Media and/or Regional Media
- Seminar: Non-Fiction Film/Video
- Concepts in Cultural Studies
- Seminar: Avant-Garde Film/Video
- Seminar in Film/Television Critical Theory and Production
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Liberal Arts Media Studies & Mass Media View 298 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- Submit the General USC Graduate Application for Admission
- Submit Supplemental Materials via the SlideRoom Application
- Send Official Academic Transcripts
- Submit Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE General) Test Scores
International60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 24 months.
National60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.