Key features of the Public Economics at Freie Universität Berlin
After a comprehensive review of the theoretical and empirical foundations of the key areas of economics, students obtain training to apply public economic theory to questions of economic policy.
Drawing from this training, students can select their own personal specializations like the economic analysis of taxes and fees or the labor market. Students can complement this work by acquiring business-administration and jurisprudential skills.
More informationVisit official programme website
- In the core area the model-theoretical and econometric knowledge acquired in undergraduate studies is deepened, so that the students obtain extensive analytical skills for dealing with economic policy issues. On this basis, the students can specialize in various policy fields or intensify the study in certain economic fields by choosing elective courses from four fields.
- For example, the students can specialize in labor market policy (in the identically named elective field) and in tax policy (in the elective field of Taxes and Social Policy). Also the fundamental question of the extent to which government action is necessary in a market economy is represented by its own elective field (Public Policy). In addition, the program offers the opportunity to study macro-economic policy issues (in the elective field Macroeconomics and Public Policy).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEconomics Public Policy View 81 other Masters in Economics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The basic requirement is a German or an equivalent foreign final degree that qualifies for a profession (e.g. Bachelor).
- Within former studies students must have achieved a minimum of 30 ECTS credits in economics and a minimum of 18 ECTS credits in quantitative methods (mathematics, statistics and econometrics). The total sum of ECTS credits in economics and quantitative methods must account for at least 72 ECTS credits.(achieved ECTS credits in Business and Management will not be considered)
- Proof of English language skills (level B2 CEFR) for applicants whose first language is not English and whose degree was not obtained at an institution of higher education where English was the language of instruction.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Students do not pay any tuition fees, the university only charges semester fees and contributions each semester.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.