We pride ourselves on innovation in all our programs, preparing teachers, administrators, and educational leaders who are change agents. We support the most forward-thinking scholars and researchers, whose work is having direct impact on student success in K-12 schools and higher education. We are leaders in using cutting-edge technology to scale up our quality programs for maximum impact.The Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) degree at University of Southern California prepares students to pursue careers as teachers. Credential tracks are offered at the Elementary (Multiple Subject) and Secondary (Social Studies, Science, English, and Math) levels. The Special Education Credential, Gifted Certificate, and Bilingual Authorization for Spanish Certificate may be obtained through optional additional coursework.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Curriculum and Pedagogy in Urban Schools
- Contexts for Educational Equity, Access, and Agency
- Integrated Language Development Across the Curriculum
- Identifying and Teaching to Student Differences
- Literacy Development and Instruction in Elementary Education
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesTeaching View 1085 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Online application
- Scanned copies of university-issued official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (regardless of whether credit or a degree was earned)
- Essay and two short answer responses
- Two letters of recommendation
- Submit prerequisite coursework
- Satisfy competency requirements for your desired credential (CBEST, CSET, etc.)
- $90 non-refundable application fee (on-campus)
- Competency requirements (CBEST/CSET)
- International applicants only: TOEFL or IELTS scores.
International43187 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53984 USD for the full programme and a duration of 15 months.
National43187 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53984 USD for the full programme and a duration of 15 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.