The Business, Competition and Regulatory Law is intended to give lawyers and economists with a strong interest in the field of economic law the opportunity to gain in-depth, specialist knowledge in the areas of International and European Competition and Regulatory Law. Lawyers and economists who are already practicing competition and regulatory law in businesses, law firms or public authorities will have the chance to significantly deepen their knowledge and skills, at the while earning an accreddited L.LM. degree from an internationally recogniozed University in a cosmopolitan setting.
Career Prospects after Graduation
- Planning a career and finding a suitable job is a challenge. A solid academic formation is an important basis for a successful professional career.
- The Master of Business, Competition and Regulatory Law of the Freie Universität Berlin provides its students with new skills in understanding and interpreting economic facts and with in-depth knowledge of a range of legal and economic topics that are highly relevant in the business environment.
- With this valuable background, numerous MBL alumni have joined leading law firms or regulatory authorities, have become public servants in Ministries, employees at multinational companies or have made their way into the scientific/academic career.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The course focuses on International and European Business and Competition Law as well as on Energy and Telecommunication Law & Regulation and is conducted by international high-ranking practitioners and academics.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesLegal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 12 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- University degree (240 ECTS), preferably in legal studies
- Work experience of (in principle) not less than a year
- English language proficiency of a minimum level of B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), not required if applicant's first university degree was conducted entirely in English
International9500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9500 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9500 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
9.500 € plus semester fees
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.