Over recent years, the missions and perspectives of society’s critically important nonprofit organizations have garnered increasing (and well-deserved) public recognition.
Not only do these organizations collect and analyze relevant data, they also provide a more comprehensive, qualitative understanding of complex issues.
Leaders across the public and private sectors have awakened to the great capacity of the nonprofit sector to steer effective policy and governance practices within a socially responsible framework. In advocacy and action, the importance of this sector continues will continue to grow.
And those who lead and manage nonprofit organizations will be held more accountable as primary agents of social change.
The Nonprofit Leadership and Management MNLM program at University of Southern California will provide depth in the field for those interested in philanthropy, nonprofits, and social innovation.
Nonprofit Leadership and Management Program Objectives:
- Attain knowledge of philanthropy and nonprofit management and leadership by offering a theoretical perspective complemented by analytical and managerial skills
- Develop the skills to lead and advocate for policy and systems change
- Students will be well-prepared to lead and manage nonprofit organizations focused on service delivery
- Advance public problem solving through philanthropy and social innovation
- Graduates of the program will enter the field recognized as potential leaders, with skills to succeed in addressing critical challenges for the field by producing innovative approaches to solving problems through philanthropy and nonprofit organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Nonprofit Sector and Philanthropy
- Nonprofit Management and Leadership
- Board Governance and Leadership
- Fund Development for Nonprofit Organizations
- Financial Management of Nonprofit Organizations
- Economics for Policy, Planning and Development
- Policy and Program Evaluation
- Strategic Leadership and Management in Nonprofit Organizations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Management, Organisation & Leadership Public Policy View 509 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
- Official TOEFL/IELTS scores – Official scores must be received directly from the testing service and date no earlier than 2 years (24 months) prior to the start of your intended first term at USC.
- Official transcripts indicating the all degrees received with the title and date conferred in the applicant’s native language and an exact translation into English for each document
- Financial Guarantee Statement showing proof of ability to pay all tuition and living expenses.
International60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 12 months.
National60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.