The primary goal of graduate programs in Veterinary Clinical Medicine from University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign is to prepare students for careers involving research and/or teaching in a specialty area.
Graduate work in veterinary clinical medicine may be pursued in several areas, including:
- equine medicine and surgery
- equine theriogeneology
- farm animal reproduction (theriogenology)
- The requirements for this degree include completion of a thesis that conforms to the requirements of the Department of Veterinary Clinical Medicine. The non-thesis option requires departmental approval.
- The candidate must complete all requirements of the department and the Graduate College and pass the stipulated examinations.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine Microbiology View 245 other Masters in Microbiology in United States
- Admission requirements include a doctor of veterinary medicine (D.V.M.) degree or equivalent. By petition, non-D.V.M.s may be admitted. Applicants for graduate study in veterinary clinical medicine must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (A = 4.0).
- Admission averages are computed from the entire professional curriculum or from the last 60 hours of undergraduate studies for those without the D.V.M. degree. Applicants with a grade point average between 2.5 and 3.0 may be considered for admission on limited status on the basis of individual merit.
- Applicants who have a prior graduate degree or who have completed some graduate course work will be evaluated on the basis of their graduate work as well as their under-graduate or professional records. Acceptance of students must be approved by the department's Graduate Committee.
International28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28464 USD per year during 12 months.
National28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28464 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13176 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.