The Secondary Education major from the Kent State University comprises the following concentrations:
- Earth Science
- English/Language Arts
- Integrated Science
- Life Science
- Life Science-Chemistry
- Social Studies
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Implement current learning theories in the classroom.
- Demonstrate continued professional development.
- Understand the scope and sequence of curriculum in their content area for grades seven to 12.
- Use reflection on teaching as a tool for improving teaching and student learning.
- Incorporate the appropriate use of technology in classroom lessons to increase student learning.
- Demonstrate how schools work and how support staff, parents and the community can be utilized to foster and improve their future students' success.
- Recognize the importance of planning that incorporate national and state standards for their content area.
- Develop and refine skills in planning, assessment and classroom management that maximize learning for all students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles Of Secondary Teaching
- Seminar In Secondary Education
- Advanced Practicum And Internship In Secondary Education
- Research In Secondary Education
- Teaching Adolescents In The Secondary School Culture
- Foundations Of Education And Human Services
- Psychological Foundations Of Education
- Curriculum Methods Mild/moderate Intervention
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Deadline- At least one month before the start of the semester of first coursework.
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts View 3979 other Masters in Education in United States
- Admission Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale for unconditional admission
- Official transcript(s)
- GRE scores (minimum score of 50th percentile or higher is recommended)1
- Essay (1000 words) explaining desire to teach
- Questions in Anticipation of Licensure form
- Content evaluation (to be completed before applying)
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
International21952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21952 USD per year during 12 months.
National21952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21952 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11766 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.