The School Psychology from Kent State University operates from an eco-behavioral orientation and emphasizes the delivery of school psychological services from a consultative framework to prevent and remediate learning, behavioral and social-emotional concerns in individuals from birth to 22 years.
Students in the program gain competencies, not only in the provision of services to individual children in schools, but also in the promotion and implementation of systemic educational reform. Graduates of the Ed.S. degree are highly prepared to be leaders and innovators of comprehensive support services in a variety of educational settings.
Students who do not hold a master's degree in school psychology must apply to the M.Ed. degree in School Psychology. After completing the M.Ed. degree, students may then matriculate into the Ed.S. degree.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills associated with the National Association of School Psychologist's (NASP) Domains of School Psychology Training and Practice, which allows them to gain the credential of 'school psychologist' at the state and national levels (i.e., through both the Ohio Department of Education and NASP's national certification program [Nationally Certified School Psychologist, NCSP]).
- Demonstrate positive impact on students in applied settings as related to assessment, planning/supports and implementation of interventions related to academic and behavioral needs as identified by key stakeholders in a variety of internship placement settings (i.e., within public schools).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Diagnosis and Remediation in Reading
- Administration and Supervision in Special Education
- Principles and Techniques of Supervision and Special Education
- Developmental Assessment
- Practicum in School Psychology
- Digital Citizenship for School Psychologists
- Group Counseling Techniques for Rehabilitation Counselors and School Psychologists
- Instructional Interventions for School Psychologists
- Legal, Ethical and Professional Issues in School Psychology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Educational Psychology View 3581 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Master's degree in school psychology from a NASP-approved college or university
- Minimum 3.000 graduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale (minimum graduate 3.250 GPA is recommended)
- Official transcript(s)
- Résumé or vita
- Goal statement
- Sample of written work
- School Psychology Supplemental Data form (online document)
- Questions in Anticipation of Licensure form
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.