Graduates are employed in vocational rehabilitation settings, mental health and developmental disabilities agencies, drug and alcohol rehabilitation, public and private hospitals, comprehensive rehabilitation centers, correctional facilities, community-based programs, private industry, proprietary rehabilitation and student disability services in higher education.
The Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling program from Kent State University requires two years of study, culminating in a semester-long internship under the field supervision of a certified clinical rehabilitation counselor. Faculty advise students in the development of a curriculum plan that includes required core, foundational and elective courses. Early and continued exposure to rehabilitation practice is provided as students progress through the program.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Effectively work with clients from a multicultural and pluralistic society.
- Demonstrate knowledge in assessment, groupwork, career development, helping relationships human growth and development, social and cultural diversity, research and program evaluation and professional orientation and ethical practice.
- Meet the academic components required to become a certified rehabilitation counselor in Ohio.
- Understand legal and ethical standards and practice in a legal and ethical manner.
- Understand and demonstrate multicultural responsiveness.
- Demonstrate a strong counselor identity.
- Demonstrate strong clinical skills in case conceptualization, diagnosis, treatment planning and specifically using assessments related to rehabilitation counseling.
- Understand and demonstrate sound counseling skills and techniques within a theoretical framework in both individual and group counseling.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Counseling Theories
- Counseling Skills and Techniques
- Multicultural Counseling
- Diagnosis in Counseling
- Orientation and Ethics: Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling
- Medical Information for Clinical Rehabilitation Counselors
- Psychosocial Impact of Disability
- Occupational Aspects of Disability
- Research in Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 707 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2.750 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000-point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- Questions in Anticipation of Licensure form
- Supplemental Interview form
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year during 24 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.