The purpose of the Pharmaceutical Sciences MSc program offered at University of Southern California is to prepare students with foundational coursework in pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacology, and related sciences, and to facilitate their performance of original, high-level basic or applied research in the discipline specific to the graduate’s area of emphasis, such as drug discovery, drug design, drug delivery, drug targeting, or pharmacology, utilizing approaches encompassing the expertise in the School of Pharmacy in medicinal chemistry, computational chemistry, pharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, and cell biology.
Graduates are recruited to top Ph.D. programs in pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacology, and related disciplines or employed in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, or government (e.g., FDA).
Masters students enrolled in the program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an awareness of the interdisciplinary nature of research in contemporary pharmaceutical sciences and pharmacology and the ability to work across disciplines.
- Demonstrate an understanding of core scientific concepts utilized in basic and applied research in pharmaceutical sciences and pharmacology.
- Demonstrate methodological skills and an understanding of contemporary research in their respective area of emphasis, and be able to apply innovative research concepts and practices to their research under guidance of their faculty advisor.
- Demonstrate the ability to synthesize, integrate, and evaluate data from diverse sources into their research.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the statistical methods required to conduct research.
- Complete a research-based thesis in their respective area of emphasis under the guidance of their faculty advisor, which may form part or all of a publishable original research paper.
- Advanced Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Structure-Activity Relationship & Drug Design
- Spectrometry in Biomedicine
- Computing Applications in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Advanced Pharmacokinetics
- Dosage Form Design & Evaluation
- Drug Discovery and Design
- Drug Transport and Delivery
- Molecular Structural Biology
- Intracellular Drug Delivery and Targeting
- Drug Metabolism (Morphology)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacy Biochemistry View 691 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
The Admissions Committee will consider applications based on the following factors:
- Overall Grade Point Average (A minimum GPA of 3.0)
- GRE scores of 153 Quantitative and 144 Verbal (new exam) or a combined Verbal and Quantitative GRE score of 1000 (old exam) are required
- Letters of Recommendation
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores for International Applicants
- Research and Professional Experience
International60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 24 months.
National60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.