Students are required to write and defend a thesis in an area agreed upon with a faculty advisor.
- Reason in mathematical arguments at a level appropriate to the discipline, including using precise definitions, articulating assumptions and reasoning logically to conclusions.
- Engage effectively in problem solving, including exploring examples, devising and testing conjectures and assessing the correctness of solutions.
- Approach mathematical problems creatively, including trying multiple approaches and modifying problems when necessary to make them more tractable.
- Communicate mathematics clearly both orally and in writing.
- Teach university-level mathematics effectively.
- Obtain a deeper understanding of some subdiscipline of mathematics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Abstract Algebra
- Functions of a Real Variable
- Functions of a Complex Variable
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 983 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Kent State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university1
- Minimum 2.750 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Résumé or vita
- Goal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.