This Speech and Hearing Science degree at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign may be taken as either a terminal degree or as preparation for further graduate study, including a doctoral degree. For students seeking a terminal degree, the Master of Arts program may be designed with or without clinical practicum experience.
- The clinical program ensures clinical competence in speech-language pathology necessary for employment in healthcare and educational settings, private practice, or industry.
- Successful completion of this program allows students to meet the academic and clinical requirements for the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) certification and to pursue the Illinois state certification required for speech-language pathology in the public schools.
- Stuttering: Theory & Practice
- Assessment and Management of Voice Disorders
- Assessment and Management of Dysphagia
- Motor Speech Disorders
- Advanced Language Diagnostics
- Aphasia and Related Disorders
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Linguistics View 632 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- The Graduate College requires a minimum grade-point average of 3.0 (A=4.0). Transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable) from all institutions attended (follow ApplyYourself instructions). Scanned copies of all transcripts should be clear and easy to read. Please be sure that your scanned transcript(s) are legible. If they are not you may need to submit official transcripts.
- Results of the Graduate Record Examination.
- For the MA-SLP program, a minimum of two letters of recommendation are required.
- A personal statement.
- A Resume.
International28664 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28664 USD per year during 24 months.
National28664 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28664 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State13376 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13376 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.