The Public Health major comprises the following concentrations:
- The Biostatistics concentration prepares students in the quantitative science of health data collection, storage, retrieval, analysis and interpretation.
- The Epidemiology concentration prepares students to analyze the distribution and determinants of disease, disabilities and death in populations.
- The Health Policy and Management concentration prepares students to address public health risks and develop effective health services delivery models.
- The Social and Behavioral Sciences concentration provides students with an interdisciplinary approach to improve health in populations across the life course.
Graduates of this Public Health program from Kent State University will be able to:
- Explain public health history, philosophy and values
- Identify the core functions of public health and the 10 Essential Services
- Explain the role of quantitative and qualitative methods and sciences in describing and assessing a population’s health
- List major causes and trends of morbidity and mortality in the US or other community relevant to the school or program
- Discuss the science of primary, secondary and tertiary prevention in population health, including health promotion, screening, etc.
- Explain the critical importance of evidence in advancing public health knowledge
- Explain effects of environmental factors on a population’s health
- Explain biological and genetic factors that affect a population’s health
- Explain behavioral and psychological factors that affect a population’s health
- Explain the social, political and economic determinants of health and how they contribute to population health and health inequities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biostatistics in Public Health
- Environmental Health Concepts in Public Health
- Fundamentals of Public Health Epidemiology
- Public Health Administration
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Integrative Learning Experience
- Social Determinants of Health Behaviors
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 1027 other Masters in Health Administration in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- GRE scores or other standardized graduate admission exam (GMAT, MCAT, LSAT or PCAT)1
- Goal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- English Language Proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.