Through its range of experimental ‘Labs’, the program is structured under three distinct veins of inquiry:
- architectural urban studies using Los Angeles as a laboratory to engage global issues
- advanced computation/fabrication technologies and material processes
- performative architecture with an emphasis on sustainable systems
These specific design and research directions are diversely initiated by our faculty and fully supported by additional resources from the University of Southern California and the city of Los Angeles.
The Master of Advanced Architectural Studies (Post-Professional) MAAS program at University of Southern California is a three-semester advanced degree program. Consisting of two option-based topic studios followed by an in-depth Directed Design Research project [DDR], and coordinated seminar courses each for the first two semesters, the degree is focused on advanced and emerging topics in architecture. The design and research directions are diversely initiated by our faculty and fully supported by additional resources from the University at-large and the city of Los Angeles.
- Advanced Architectural Theory
- Advanced Computation
- Urban Theory: Los Angeles Case Study
- Advanced Fabrication
- Graduate Architecture Design – Themes
- Advanced Graduate Architecture Design – Topics
- Architecture Directed Design Research Option
- Architecture Thesis Option
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture View 405 other Masters in Architecture in United States
- Candidates for admission must have a five-year Bachelor of Architecture degree or its equivalent.
- All transcripts and degree certificates/diplomas must be written in the original language of instruction.
- Official transcripts must show all courses and subjects taken and all grades (marks) received.
- Official transcripts must be sent directly to USC by the college or university.
International60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 18 months.
National60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.