Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counselors are uniquely qualified to work with individuals with disabilities, particularly those who are experiencing psychiatric disabilities or other mental and behavioral health concerns.
At the University of Pittsburgh, the 2-year Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling Program curriculum requires students to complete a 100-hour practicum during the first year and one full-time, semester-long internship in a professional clinical rehabilitation or mental health counseling setting during the second year. The program provides coursework in advanced counseling skills techniques, case conceptualization and treatment planning, assessment and diagnosis, and evidence-based paractice.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Legal, Ethical, and Professional Issues in Counseling
- Foundations of Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
- Cultural Considerations in Counseling
- Counseling Skills and Techniques
- Clinical Counseling Mentorship
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Cognitive and Mental Health Disorders
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Rolling admissions contingent upon space available after March 1, 2020.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Clinical Psychology View 149 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
- Complete the SHRS ApplyYourself online application.
- Submit the $50 application fee (U.S.).
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Submit a minimum of three letters of recommendation – Preferably from individuals who have instructed you in academic settings and/or supervised research activities.
- Submit a personal statement – Description of educational and long-term professional goals.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Participate in an interview – Applicants may be required to complete a group interview with the counseling faculty as a part of the application process. Face-to-face interviews are preferred but other means can be arranged if indicated.
International46814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 46814 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National46814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 46814 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State27590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27590 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.