This program offered by the University of Pittsburgh prepares students to practice the profession of Rehabilitation Counseling and is accredited by the Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE).
It includes courses on rehabilitation research, foundations of rehabilitation counseling, counseling services, medical and psycho-social aspects of disability, case management, vocational and career development, assessment, job development and placement, rehabilitation science and assistive technology and disability studies.
Graduates meet eligibility criteria for national certification in rehabilitation counseling (i.e., certified rehabilitation counselor, CRC) and the educational requirements for licensure as a professional counselor (LPC) in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Imagine designing the next generation of the wheelchair. Or adapting a bicycle so it can be ridden by someone with one leg. Or counseling a person with a disability to better understand his challenges and help find new solutions. These are just some of the career options in rehabilitation science and technology.
- Our students work alongside designers, engineers, and clinical professionals—the same people with whom they’ll interact once they enter the workforce. Upon graduation, our students are exceptionally well prepared to pass licensing exams and they typically work in hospitals, rehabilitation clinics, or companies specializing in assistive technology, state agencies or research labs.
- 24 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Physiotherapy View 798 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the SHRS online application
- Submit an essay stating career goals, specific research interests and experience, and clinical interests and experience.
- Provide three to five academic or work related letters of recommendation (at least one academic reference must be included).
- Have a letter of support from their identified Research Mentor.
- Submit a resume including work history, formal education, continuing education, licensing and certification, professional organizations, honors and awards, publications, presentations, and grants.
- Submit transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
International34950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34950 USD per year during 24 months.
National34950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34950 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State29266 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29266 USD per year during 24 months.
Part-time: LOCAL: $1,190 per credit NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL: $2,031 per credit
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.