Such experts are able to detect the organisms, which are threatening plants (pathogens, pests, weeds) and they are acquainted with their biology and reproduction, and also with the effects and mechanism of pesticides concerning even the environment and humane hygiene.
They can prevent the harms and damages caused by the above-mentioned organisms and they are applying the procedures of ecological and integrated plant protection in order to reduce the pesticide-load of the environment. In their work they are always attentive to the safety of food, processors, consumers and the environment. Having a degree in higher education they are permitted to use restricted chemicals.
At the University of Pannonia we offer a master degree n Plant Protection. The further aim is to prepare the interested and inspired students for research work and PhD training in the field of plant protection.
More informationVisit official programme website
- It is important for all institutions to create a true picture of their activities and that everybody who is interested can keep track of their development. In the past few years, as a result of the new challenges, the Georgikon has changed in many ways.
- In Transdanubia it offers one of the most colourful educational palettes of all levels of higher education. In accordance with the challenges of the 21st century, it has established new fields of research and its service and counselling activities have changed fundamentally.
- On behalf of the more than two hundred years Georgikon management we would like to inform our former students, partners, guests and friends about these changes.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesAgriculture Plant & Crop Sciences View 4 other Masters in Agriculture in Hungary
- Applicants intending to join a master programme should hold undergraduate degree (B.Sc. or equivalent) in relevant field of science or related area. Degree qualifications are assessed individually in accordance with the diploma (Degree Certificate) and its attachments, or with the Report of Study (Index).
- Acceptable courses: natural sciences, technical and social sciences, horticultural production, plant protection, crop production, animal husbandry and economics, according to the comparison determined in the law of higher education and the related ministerial decrees.
- Excellent command of English (certificate of language proficiency – TOEFL IBT or IELTS or equivalent).
300 000 HUF/semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.