The Joint MSW Program began in January 1995. Distance learning technology, utilizing interactive video and audio systems, links faculty and students at the two institutions. The degree program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
The curriculum of the Joint MSW Program is designed to prepare students for advanced level professional practice in Social Work. The program provides a rigorous intellectual base, an opportunity for effective skill development, and an educational perspective that views human diversity as desirable and enriching to society.
All assistantships (and any fellowships) are awarded through the academic department. Students interested in obtaining an assistantship must apply. New students may indicate on their online application for admission that they would like to be considered for an assistantship.
Current students must contact the academic department for application information. Each department may have different requirements for assistantship applicants, so all students should contact the academic department to determine these particular requirements.
Only those students fully admitted to a master’s or doctoral degree-seeking program are eligible for a graduate assistantship. Students admitted as non-degree seeking or to a certificate program may not hold an assistantship.
- Social Work Administration
- Dynamics of Racism & Discrimination
- Community Organization & Planning
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 364 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Three letters of recommendation
- Current resume
- Essay of three to five pages explaining:
- Why applicant wants to be a social worker
- Why a graduate degree in social work is necessary to fulfill professional/personal objectives
- Views on diversity in society
- A situation in which applicant was the recipient/provider of help, emotionally, socially, or economically, and how this impacted desire to pursue an advanced degree in social work
- Application Checklist
- Preferred Program Format Form
International748 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 748 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
National748 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 748 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
In-State442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 442 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.