The program allows students to tailor the program to their career goals. There are a wide variety of electives offered in applied statistics and mathematical statistics, including biology, computer science, operations research, accounting, business administration, finance, sociology, actuarial science, and math.
BGSU is excited to offer the MSAS with a specialization in business analytics. The explosion of modern computing power and data acquisition techniques has created a profession generally known as business analytics that is in increasing demand. The job market seeks people with a strong background in fundamental statistical training, a solid exposure to operations research, and a firm understanding of management of information systems and business operations. Writing on the growing opportunities in the fields of business analytics and big data, McKinsey & Company, a global management-consulting firm, found that “by 2018 the United States alone could face a shortage of 140,000 to 190,000 people with deep analytical skills.” The business analytics specialization at BGSU prepares students for this exciting new career. The specialization adds six credit hours to the standard MSAS curriculum, with courses covering data mining, time series analysis, and linear and integer programming. It also adds additional elective options in economics, business administration and computer science.
- Probability Theory I
- Mathematical Statistics II
- Regression Analysis
- Sample Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesApplied Mathematics Statistics View 146 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended. Upon admission, final official or notarized copies of transcripts from all institutions where degrees were earned (showing dates when the degrees were conferred) and diplomas from international institutions must be submitted.
- Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, PRAXIS, OAE) may be required. Please visit the program website for additional information.
- Programs may also require recommendations, a statement of purpose, a resume, and other documents. Please visit the program website for additional information.
International18678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9339 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National10688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5344 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.