Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
- travel expenses
The Centre of African Studies, University of Edinburgh is pleased to announce the availability of one (1) full scholarship for suitable female applicants from Africa to study for an MSc in Africa and International Development and subsequent PhD in African Studies or, where more suitable, go directly into a PhD.
The funding covers four years of support in either case.
It will cover full fees as well as an annual stipend of £15,840 during the one-year MSc and in the subsequent three years of PhD study or throughout four years of PhD study.
Upfront support of £4,000 will also be provided to help cover UK visa application costs, travel costs to Edinburgh and any other costs incurred by the awardee before arriving in Edinburgh.
- Be a female who is normally domiciled in an African country listed here.
- Have received an excellent undergraduate degree (minimum of a high 2.1) in the social sciences from an accredited university in Africa (a Masters degree achieved with distinction will be an advantage for those wishing to go directly into a PhD).
- Not have previously received a degree from a university outside Africa (with the exception of current or former students of The University of Edinburgh)
- Demonstrate commitment to studying for a PhD in African Studies
- Demonstrate leadership potential (broadly defined), and intention to maximize the impact of their research.
- Have submitted an application to study for the MSc in Africa and International Development and/or the PhD in African Studies at the University of Edinburgh
Study experience required
If you are interested and meet all the above, please send:
A summary of your research proposal (maximum 2 pages)
A cover letter indicating your motivations and future plans (maximum 1 page)
An academic CV, clearly showing class of degree and previous educational achievements (maximum 2 pages)
1 letter of reference from an academic familiar with your work
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
DISCLAIMER – Subject to credit approval, loans are made by Bank of Lake Mills or MPOWER Financing, PBC. Bank of Lake Mills does not have an ownership interest in MPOWER Financing. Neither MPOWER Financing nor Bank of Lake Mills is affiliated with the school you attended or are attending. Bank of Lake Mills is Member FDIC. None of the information contained in this website constitutes a recommendation, solicitation or offer by MPOWER Financing or its affiliates to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments or other assets or provide any investment advice or service. 2022 © MPOWER Financing, Public Benefit Corporation NMLS ID #1233542. 1101 Connecticut Ave NW Suite 900, Washington, DC 20036
© Prodigy Finance Limited 2007 - 2022. All Rights Reserved. Prodigy Finance Limited is incorporated in the United Kingdom (Company Number 05912562) with its registered address at 85 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 7LT and registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner (Reg. No. Z9851854). Prodigy Finance is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (firm registration number 709641) for certain consumer credit activities. Prodigy Finance loans are offered to eligible borrowers and these loans are governed by English law.