Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
The scholarship will be awarded to a student from Africa who is accepted on a full-time basis for a one year postgraduate Masters programme of study within the School of Divinity and who has the official endorsement from the General Secretary or Principal Clerk of their Church.
The scholarship will cover:
Full overseas tuition fee
Accommodation within a Church of Scotland flat within Edinburgh
One return airfare
Insurance from Church of Scotland business travel, underwritten by Aviva.
- The scholarship will be awarded to a student from Africa who is accepted on a full-time basis for a one year postgraduate Masters programme of study within the School of Divinity commencing in September.
Shortlisted candidates will require to have the official endorsement from the General Secretary or the Principal Clerk of their Church.
- Applicants must be a member of a Church of Scotland partner church in Africa. Eligible partner churches are:
- Evangelical Presbyterian Church, Ghana
- Presbyterian Church of Ghana
- Presbyterian Church of East Africa
- Synod of the Nile of the Evangelical Church of Egypt
- Church of Central Africa Presbyterian
- Igreja Evangelica de Cristo em Mocambique
- Presbyterian Church of Nigeria
- Presbyterian Church of South Sudan
- The Programme of Christian Muslim Relations in Africa'
- United Church of Zambia
- Uniting Presbyterian Church of Southern Africa
- The scholarship will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit with candidates requiring an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree.
Study experience required
The scholarship will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit with candidates requiring an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
DISCLAIMER – Subject to credit approval, loans are made by Bank of Lake Mills or MPOWER Financing, PBC. Bank of Lake Mills does not have an ownership interest in MPOWER Financing. Neither MPOWER Financing nor Bank of Lake Mills is affiliated with the school you attended or are attending. Bank of Lake Mills is Member FDIC. None of the information contained in this website constitutes a recommendation, solicitation or offer by MPOWER Financing or its affiliates to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments or other assets or provide any investment advice or service. 2022 © MPOWER Financing, Public Benefit Corporation NMLS ID #1233542. 1101 Connecticut Ave NW Suite 900, Washington, DC 20036
© Prodigy Finance Limited 2007 - 2022. All Rights Reserved. Prodigy Finance Limited is incorporated in the United Kingdom (Company Number 05912562) with its registered address at 85 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 7LT and registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner (Reg. No. Z9851854). Prodigy Finance is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (firm registration number 709641) for certain consumer credit activities. Prodigy Finance loans are offered to eligible borrowers and these loans are governed by English law.