Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
- living expenses
The UAL International Postgraduate Scholarship and accommodation award is offered to international postgraduate students.
The scholarship offers a £50,000 amount, to help you with your studies
This scholarship covers the cost of tuition fees, accommodation at one of UAL’s halls of residence and may also contribute towards living costs.
Up to 4 UAL International Postgraduate £50,000 Scholarships are available.
Criteria 1: You must hold an offer to study a full-time taught master’s course at one of UAL’s 6 Colleges
- Your course must offer either a Grad Dip, M ARCH, MA, MFA, MBA, MRes or MSc qualification.
- You are not eligible to apply if you already hold a UK postgraduate taught qualification (or one at an equivalent level) from studies undertaken in the UK or abroad.
Criteria 2: You must be ordinarily resident in one of the low-income economy countries detailed in our list of qualifying countries.
Evidence such as a copy of your immigration documents, ID card or formal proof of your address must be included as part of your application.
You are an asylum seeker in the UK at the point at which you make your scholarship application.
Criteria 3: Your annual household income must be £50,000 or less (or the equivalent exchange value in a qualifying country’s currency) at the point of application. For an up-to-date currency conversion, visit Oanda Trade Currency Exchange.
Criteria 4: You must provide a personal statement as part of your scholarship application which responds to the following questions (maximum 350 words per question):
- Describe how receiving a postgraduate scholarship would make a difference to you.
- Tell us how you intend to use the qualification you will be gaining to support your future plans.
- Describe how you would address challenges in your home country.
- Tell us how you would uphold the values of social justice and environmental stewardship.
Study experience required
Once you've received an offer to study at UAL, the ‘my finance and funding’ tab on your applicant portal will be updated to include application forms for scholarships you may be eligible for.