Up to $3,000 USD per year.
- Highly competitive scholarship opportunity for students in developing countries
- Scholarships support students who are earning their first certificate, diploma or bachelor’s degree
- Scholarship award lasts throughout all years of undergraduate education
We award 50-70 scholarships per year.
The scholarship supports:
- Tuition and fees
- Books and materials
- Other related costs
A student, male or female, from a country in the developing world who:
- Will be 35 years of age or younger as of Aug. 1
- Successfully completed secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Is applying to university or is working towards earning his or her first undergraduate degree
- Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world
- Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation
- Has participated in volunteer service prior to applying for this scholarship and is committed to continue to engage in community service during school and after
- Has some funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to school or continue without assistance
Study experience required
01 Mar 2022
There are two ways to apply: Online, or by mailing in a completed application packet to our office.
- APPLYING ONLINE: You will be redirected to a portal where you will be asked to create a free account (username and password), fill out information and upload documents. We strongly suggest that you apply online as it will provide you with the opportunity to save your work and return multiple times. You will also guarantee that your application, once submitted online, will be received and reviewed.
- MAIL-IN: You will need to print the application form and it is your responsibility to clearly complete it and attach all required supporting documents before sending it to us. Applications must be received by March 1 in our office. Applications that arrive after March 1 will not be reviewed. This means that you must allow at least three weeks to mail your application to us from abroad. Only send one completed application. Incomplete or additional mailings with supporting documents will be discarded. We highly encourage applicants to apply online to ensure the delivery of their completed application. DO NOT email us completed applications with multiple attachments; we do not accept applications sent via email.