Land of summer rains, breath-taking nature, golden temples and skyscrapers, Malaysia has that exotic ‘je ne sais quoi’, that makes it a top travel destination. But have you considered Malaysia could also be the ideal place for your studies abroad?
Key reasons to consider Malaysia for your graduate studies include quality education, the possibility to work while studying, the low cost of living and tuition fees, and the multicultural vibe.
One of Malaysia’s top universities is Taylor’s University, which ranks in top 1% global universities for Employer Reputation and in top 2% global universities according to QS World University Ranking 2018. And if that’s not enough, here are 6 reasons you should totally apply to a Master’s degree at Taylor’s University!
1. You’ll study at a university that constantly seeks to improve
Taylor’s University is the type of higher education institution that doesn’t settle for good and always aims for better. That’s why they constantly come up ground-breaking teaching and learning methods.
The teaching style at Taylor’s University combines an enhanced curriculum, expanded industry collaboration and experiential learning programmes. This approach is meant to equip you with critical skills required on the job market.
A unique feature of the university’s approach to education is the introduction of the 2nd Transcript which provides official recognition to extra-curricular activities. This means that if you choose to study there you’ll graduate with a second document that ads to the academic transcript and helps you show off intellectual and social skills.
On top of that, Taylor’s University was the first one in Asia to introduce Open Online Courses (MOOCs), which benefited people from every part of the world. And for us that says forward thinking and openness to change.
2. You can prepare for Masters that require a specific academic background
Sometimes our Bachelor’s choices no longer align with what we want to do in life and we start looking for a different specialisation. Taylor’s University recognises that people change and some of you want a new profession. That’s why they ease your access to certain Master’s programmes via preparation and foundation programmes.
Some examples of English-taught foundation programmes offered by Taylor’s are:
- Taylor’s Foundation in Science – prepares you for science-related Master’s programmes connected with topics like Biochemistry, Pharmacy and Toxicology.
- Foundation in Communication – prepares you for graduate studies in Media and Communication.
- Foundation in Engineering – prepares you for any engineering programme.
3. You’ll be able to choose from diverse English-taught programmes
Taylor’s University focuses on Business, Science and Engineering programmes, offering you the option to find the right English-taught Master’s for you. Some examples of awesome graduate programmes with open applications right now are:
- The Master of Philosophy in Food Studies – learn about exciting topics such as world food cultures, but also the anthropology & sociology of food.
- Master’s in International Hospitality Management – the first and only French postgraduate degree in hospitality in Asia-Pacific, offered in collaboration with the University of Toulouse.
- Master of Philosophy in Pharmaceutical Sciences – integrated research training exploring urgent issues in pharmaceutical sciences.
- Master’s in Architecture – the degree is the equivalent to Part 2 of the Board of Architects Malaysia or Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM) Professional Examination.
4. Taylor’s University has an easy application process for a Master’s degree
Applying to a Master’s at Taylor’s University in Malaysia is much easier than you might imagine if you only think of Malaysia as a faraway, exotic Asian country. In fact, the application can be submitted exclusively online and it includes:
- application form
- certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts
- 3 certified copies of your passport (which should have a minimum 15 month validity)
- 6 passport-sized photographs
- Curriculum vitae / Resume
- proof of English proficiency
- letters of recommendation (from the employer and/or a university professor)
- certified copy of document attesting you have a scholarship/sponsorship (if applicable)
- receipt of non-refundable application fee of 88 USD
In order to qualify for an application to Master’s programme at Taylor’s University you need:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.50- 2.75. If your CGPA is 2.50 then the university will also expect you to have relevant work experience.
- English Language proficiencies: IELTS (6.5) or equivalent for candidates whose undergraduate degree was not fully taught in English.
- Some masters require passing an interview.
The good news is that you can also apply to a Master’s at Taylor’s University directly via our portal using the ‘Studyportals Apply’ page where you can create an application profile. Free of cost, you can check which programme fits your academic background and budget and add the admission documents. We'll do the rest!
Start by going to the "Apply through Studyportals" tab and click the "Apply" button.
5. Taylor’s University offers great scholarships to outstanding students
Even if Malaysia is relatively affordable to live in and tuition fees are acceptable, it’s always nice not to worry about money when doing a degree abroad. Taylor’s University comes to your help with four types of scholarships:
- Taylor’s University Merit Scholarship
- Taylor’s University Talent Scholarship
- Taylor’s World Class Scholarship
- Taylor’s Distinction Award 2019
Scholarships are usually awarded to outstanding students based on:
- academic performance
- Talent in Music, Drama, Sports , etc.
- extra-curricular activities
- leadership skills
6. You’ll be amazed by student life at Taylor’s University
Studying at Taylor’s you’ll discover a modern, functional campus which combines tech facilities with green parks, all around a lake. The academic buildings are spacious and designed to promote sustainability. The overall design also enhances the air quality, both indoor and outdoor.
As a student at Taylor’s you’ll also have the chance to mingle in a multicultural community, especially during the World Fest which brings together ethnicities and cultures from across the globe on a common platform for the 3,000 international students from over 80 countries.
So, what are you waiting for? Start applying to a degree at Taylor’s University right now!